Waterloo, IA, 50701
Joined on May, 2014
Any day at any time
Up to 15 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationB.A. "Letters" (comparative literature), University of Iowa, 1980. GPA: approx. 3.6.
M.A. Medieval Studies, University of Toronto Centre for Medieval Studies, 1981. No GPA at Canadian universities.
Ph.D. Medieval Studies (Latin and English languages and literature), 1990.
ExperienceA. Previous Experience
1. tutored numerous graduate students in Latin language to prepare them for the Centre for Medieval Studies Latin exams, required for the M.A. and the Ph.D.
2. tutored at college and university writing centers: Salem College, WV, Indiana State University.
B. Why I want to be a tutor: I am a gifted teacher and I need to do what I do best. Moreover, I have an extremely broad education in the natural sciences and the Humanities. In addition to knowledge I have acquired in 15 years of formal university study, I know how to learn, and I am able to teach students how to learn as I have.
1. undergraduate: two semesters each of calculus, physics, inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, biology, German, French, and Latin, as well as English and German literature.
2. graduate: medieval art, literature, architecture, theology, philosophy, liturgy, canon law, Roman law, medieval Latin language and literature.
3. One year of graduate school in architecture, U. of Michigan, which I did not pursue because of a rare job opportunity.
D. Impressive items from my curriculum vitae.
a. Helen Fairall Scholarship in Comparative Literature
b. McGalliard medieval essay prize
2. graduate: five years (the maximum) of open-competition fellowships at the University of Toronto Centre for Medieval Studies
Hobbieswater-color, drawing, guitar, mandolin, mandola, and bass
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.